Summary and Content
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any PHASEMASTER® site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any PHASEMASTER® application, service, or tool (collectively “Products”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices. By using our Products and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our user agreement, and consenting to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
PM has established global privacy standards for all PM companies known as Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or stored.
This Privacy Notice describes your privacy rights of our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any PHASEMASTER® site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any PHASEMASTER® application, service, or tool (collectively “Products”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
By using our Products and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our user agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice and in our User Agreement. If you do not provide the information we need, we may not be able to provide all our Products to you.
If you reside in the United States, you are contracting with PHASEMASTER® LLC, 207 E Market Street, Nappanee, Indiana 46550, USA. The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the processing of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards. Your data controller may transfer data to other PHASEMASTER® data controllers as described in this privacy notice. We may store and process your personal information on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where our data centers are located.
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that PHASEMASTER® has or is likely to have access. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person.
Changes to this Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will publicly announce changes through the PHASEMASTER® Privacy Notice “Update Log” and/or via email of any material changes to this Privacy Notice.
Global Privacy Notice
PHASEMASTER® has established global privacy standards for all PHASEMASTER® companies known as our Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or stored. More information about our BCRs and our global privacy practices and principles, is available upon request.
We collect personal information from you and the devices (including mobile devices) you use to access or use our Products. This personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to personal information of the kinds described below:
The personal information you give us when you use our Products
• Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses
• Purchasing information for a particular transaction or other transaction based content you generate or is connected to your account for that particular transaction
• Financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers in connection with a transaction
• Postage billing and other information to purchase an item, as well as, where postal Products are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (tracking updates) stored by the chosen postal partner
• You may also provide us other information through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites that include age, gender, interests and favorites
• Additional information we are required by applicable law authorizes us to request in order to authenticate or identify you to use or verify the information we have collected (such as under laws requiring the seller of second hand goods to provide authentication in any country)
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Products
We also collect information about your interaction with our Products, advertising, or e-mail communications. This is typically information we receive from your computer or other devices, including your mobile devices.
• Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for Advertising, unique device token
• Geography location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that:
• Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location Products in the device’s settings menu.
• You may also be presented with an additional notice explaining any additional information we may collect from you that is not listed in this notice.
• Computer and connection information
• Statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, browsing history, and web log information
Personal information we collect using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Personal information from other sources
We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, as permitted by law, we may collect demographic information that is publicly available, extra contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus as allowed by law. We may combine information you give us with information we collect from other sources and use it for any purpose disclosed in this privacy notice.
We may allow you to share information with third-party social media sites, or use social media sites or other sites to create or connect to your account. Those social media sites may give us access to certain personal information stored by them (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with the online Products. You agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. Remember that you control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on that third-party site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. By associating an account managed by a third party with your PHASEMASTER® account and authorizing PHASEMASTER® to have access to this information, you agree that PHASEMASTER® may collect, use and store the information provided by these sites in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their consent. You agree to inform them that we have collected their personal information and tell them how we collect, use and disclose the personal information.
Use and Retention We use the personal information we collect to operate, improve and personalize our Products, to contact you and provide you customer service, customize our advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
Operate, improve, and personalize our Product
• Provide you with credit offers and opportunities on behalf of members of our corporate family and their financial institution partners (such as PayPal Credit, a PayPal service) who offer financial products. We do not share any financial information without your explicit consent
• Customize, measure, and improve our sites, applications, and Products
• Provide other Products requested by you as described when we collect the information
• We may use geographical location information to provide you with location-based Products, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content via Hubspot and other online tools.
Contact you and provide you with customer service
• Provide customer support you request for our Products or for the products offered by members of our corporate family and their financial institution partners (such as Kibo Pay, PayPal Credit, a PayPal service, SquareUp, etc.)
• Contact you, either via email or telephone (using autodialed or pre-recorded calls), text (SMS) messages (if applicable) as authorized by you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your application and for other purposes authorized by law and consistent with this Privacy Notice
• Compare the personal information you provide for accuracy, and verify it with third parties as necessary
Customize our advertising and marketing communications with you
• Customize, measure, and improve our content and advertising based on your applications and usage.
• Contact you, either via email, telephone, text (SMS) messages (if applicable based on your consent), or postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to: offer coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Products and those of our corporate family. You agree that PHASEMASTER® will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail and/or SMS text if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply.
• Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your applications and product choices.
Detect, Prevent and Mitigate Fraudulent or Illegal Activities
• Prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
• Enforce our User Agreement or other applicable policies
• We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant to our operations. In addition, we retain personal information from closed accounts to follow the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner it according to our data retention and deletion policies.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information, and provide you with customized and relevant advertising.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received. You may need to unsubscribe on third-parties tools like Google Ads, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Aweber, etc.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our site for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent. If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for the other purposes set out in this Privacy Notice you may not have access to our all our Products and we might not be able to provide you all the Products and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access or correct it.
• Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
• We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. You can use Contact Us to request access and find out whether any fees may apply, as permitted by law. Where you have a legal right to request access or request the correction of information, we can still withhold that access or decline to correct information in some cases under applicable law but will give you reasons if we do so.
There are times when we disclose your personal information to members of the PHASEMASTER® corporate family or other third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to operate or provide you access to our Products, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our policies, facilitate our advertising, or reduce or prevent fraud related to our Products. We minimize the amount of personal information we share to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
PHASEMASTER® Corporate family members, who may use it to:
• provide joint content and Products (like registration, transactions, and customer support)
• help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, or fraud and/or data security breaches
• guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, Products and tools, and communications
• provide customized advertising
• Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them. If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our Global Privacy Standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used or disclosed for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the use of your personal information for new purposes.
• Service Providers and Financial Institutions Partners
• Third-party service providers who help us operate our Products, and assist with fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate, and other business operations
• financial institution partners who may offer financial products to our users (such as WebBank and Comenity Capital Bank with whom we partner to provide PayPal Credit, a PayPal Service) to provide joint content and Products (like registration, transactions an,d customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or security breaches, and to guide decisions about their products, websites, applications, Products, tools, and communications. These third party financial institution partners will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their Products
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
• to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other PHASEMASTER® user to legal liability. We will only disclose the information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, and anything else we are legally obligated to.
• PHASEMASTER® participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion deem necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, postcode, country, phone number, email address, and company name
• to credit bureaus as authorized by applicable law (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report)
• to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
People you authorize us to provide it to • PHASEMASTER® product users as authorized by you or your use of our Products (e.g. if you buy an item the seller may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information, including phone number or email and postal address to help complete the transaction)
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data, and information access authorization controls.
There are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Products that we need to cover: When you share your personal information on PHASEMASTER® – what happens?
Our websites are general audience websites, and our Products are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
Questions or Complaints
Phasemaster® understands you have a lot of choices when it comes to purchasing a rotating three-phase converter and related electrical supply products, and we appreciate your consideration!
If you have any questions about our policies, guarantees, or products, please contact us at 574-378-9682, or visit each brands website: AgPhase™, Blue Prince, or SunWood USA.